by Maggie LaMaack
LOL/OMG: When and why did you join Twitter?
LW: I was forced to join Twitter for a class in college to keep track of the MN Governor Election in 2010. Emmer, Dayton, and Horner were among my first followers, NO BIG DEAL, GUYS. Then I abandoned it for about a year because I thought it was all just girls posting pictures of Starbucks cups.
LOL/OMG: What is the best thing and the worst thing about Twitter?
LW: The best was discovering all the local Twitter folk on here whom I’ve come to love so very much. It’s a weird and funny little community. Sometimes I have to explain to people why I have 13K tweets and I’m like, “FROM TALKING TO MY INTERNET FRANDZ OKAY?”
The worst? I’ve been known to just speak my thoughts without filter and sometimes that comes out a little brash. The little garbage can icon and I have gotten QUITE close over the years.
LOL/OMG: Tell us something about yourself we wouldn’t know from following you on Twitter
LW: I’m not as dramatic and loud as I come across (I CAN HEAR YOUR EYE ROLL, DAD.) I’m more or less professional at disguising pajamas as work clothes. I think Charlotte’s wardrobe on Sex and the City was far superior to Carrie’s. If you are a person that is alive and breathing then I hate talking to you on the phone.
LOL/OMG: You have 160 characters to write yourself a brand new bio. Go!
LW: If you are the kind of human who knows which songs not to talk over in the car then welcome to my friendship.
LOL/OMG: Give us your top three of each:
Local Twitter accounts:
1. @MaggieLaMaack – Am I allowed to say that? Is this cheating? You’re like my own little personal real life Daria soul mate.
2 .@petebasgen – I may have a little crush on him. I appreciate good fine wit.
3. @_omgigi_ – So underrated. That’s all I can say.
Non-local Twitter accounts:
1. @Nately – My little NY twitter buddy! This guy is pretty crafty, ladies (and gentlemen).
2. @samir – A Buzzfeed reporter. Dude makes me laugh on the daily. Follow his Instagram, too.
3. @acarvin – Strategist for NPR. He knows a lot of stuff about things.
Best places to get a burrito in the Twin Cities:
1. Taco Riendo – The most amazing little hole in the wall. Get the spicy chicken burrito with everything on it. There are no exceptions to this rule.
2. Maya Cuisine – As authentic as it gets. Owned by the most adorable little family. They’ll even let you try anything you want before committing to purchase.
3. Pineda Tacos – Just discovered this place not even two weeks ago, but they won my heart pretty fast. Burritos as big as Saturn.
Favorite things on the Internet this week:
I’m bad at following rules, so we’re going to do more than 3.
1. Can’t even swallow what the people of the Philippines are going through this week. Any little bit helps.
2. Jerry Kill dancing in the locker room after the Penn State win. Gophers win over Penn State, Jerry Kill wins over my heart.
3. Drake’s dad on Instagram. This guy is a boss. LOOK AT HIS MOUSTACHE.
4. The last employee at Blackberry.
5. If you don’t think this skirt is the best thing ever then my feelings for you are mildly lukewarm at best.
LOL/OMG: Any last words?
LW: The amount of anxiety this question brings is just kind of insane.